EuHPN acts as a hub for its members to exchange information, pool knowledge, and keep abreast of the latest developments concerning health property. To this end, EuHPN facilitates communication between experts in countries across Europe and beyond, hosts annual workshops in a variety of European locations, and organises occasional seminar days.
The annual workshop consists of a 3-day programme, during which EuHPN members and invited guests discuss issues of contemporary importance, exchange examples of best practice, and review the current trends in the development of health care infrastructure across Europe. Workshops usually include at least one site visit. In addition, members have an opportunity to participate in a policy-setting member meeting, and working groups are able to convene to set priorities for the coming months. While the annual workshop is necessarily an intensive, tightly focused event, members are also given ample opportunities to network and enjoy social activities.
Recent workshops have been held in Oslo, The Hague, Dublin, Florence, Lisbon, Brussels, Edinburgh, Oulu, Budapest, Paris, Belfast, Durham, Stockholm and Bologna, with topics such as:
- Sustainable health facilities and innovation procurement for low carbon healthcare
- Incremental versus ‘big bang’ infrastructure development
- Design for mental health and dementia facilities
- Hospital planning priorities across Europe
- Public Private Partnerships – including general issues concerned with obtaining better capital investment value
- Ageing in Europe
- Innovation in medical and communication technology, and the impact on hospital planning
- Patient expectations and the built environment
- Design and the healing environment
- The role of health property in social development across Europe
- Strategic Asset Planning and master planning
- Designing for the user.
To see some of the outputs from our workshops, use the ‘EuHPN Workshops’ tab above.
Our workshops occasionally have sponsors from the world of healthcare architecture and engineering. Recent sponsors have included bdpgroupe6, Arup International, Maquet Ltd, White Arkitekter and Siram. We gratefully acknowledge the support of these organisations.